Monday 1 October 2007

Aylesbury or Bromley?

The draw for the 3rd Qualifying Round of the FA Cup was made today and much to my relief the following came out:

Aylesbury United or Bromley v Dartford or Camberley Town


Not conclusive, but one thing I know is that it won't be a trip to Kent for the next round - although I have to say that Bromley is dangerouly close!

The Aylesbury v Bromley game on Saturday ended 1-1. The replay is on Tuesday evening, the same night as the Camberley v Dartford game. By late Tuesday I will know where I'm off to next, but I would be happy with either.

I would guess that Bromley are now the favourites to progress; they play in the Blue Square South, one level below the Conference. Aylesbury play in the grandly named British Gas Football League Division One Midlands, two levels below Bromley.


Travel wise, both clubs are pretty close for me. The game is pencilled in for Saturday 13th October, but that is the same day that England take on Estonia in a Euro 2008 qualifier. There is every chance that the game may be moved to an earlier slot on the Saturday or to either Friday evening or Sunday.

Best keep the whole weekend free then.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well if Aylesbury do beat Bromley (unlikely, but you never know), the game may well be played on the Sunday. They currently groundshare at Chesham United and they are also still in the FA Cup subject to a replay. If they win their game, they would take precedence and play at home on the Saturday.

Anonymous said...

Sorry to disappoint you but Bromley IS in Kent......so it may well be another trip to Kent :)

Anonymous said...

Hope you enjoyed it last night, and have recovered... not quite sure I have.