Monday 28 January 2008

Croeso i Cymru

I'm off to Wales.

The draw for the Fifth Round Proper of the FA Cup was made today. It looks very much like this:

Bristol Rovers v Southampton
Cardiff City v Wolverhampton Wanderers
Sheffield United v Middlesbrough
Liverpool v Barnsley
Manchester United v Arsenal
Preston North End v Portsmouth
Coventry City v West Bromwich Albion
Chelsea v Huddersfield Town

For the first time since 1957, all sixteen ties in the Fourth Round were resolved at the first attempt, no replays. Of the sixteen clubs left in the competition, there are only two that I have never visited before. One is Middlesbrough.

The other is Cardiff City.

So off across the bridge and through the £5.30 toll, a trip I am extremely familiar with; my sister lives in Carmarthen, South Wales. I'll be able to set the car to auto-pilot and then just remember to exit the M4 at Cardiff.

Croeso i Cymru.

No comments: